Distribution Guidelines for Handouts Along Parade Route
The following guidelines are to be followed by all distributors. Please complete this form and submit with your written application for permission to distribute handouts. Submission of the application and this sheet does not assume approval.
- Distributed items must be primarily for the entertainment and enjoyment of those who are watching the Parade.
- Pamphlets and flyers are not to be distributed as they distract from the Parade and create excessive litter.
- The distributing group should have sufficient items so that they can be distributed along the entire route.
- Items are only to be distributed between the official start and finish, which is Queen Street South between Britannia Road and Old Station Road.
- Edible items are to be individually wrapped or packaged.
- For proper distribution system, you will require distributors, stock managers and spotters.
- Distributors work along both sides of the parade handing the items to the spectators at the curbside clear of the traffic flow.
- Stock managers remain with the vehicle bagging the items for the distributors.
- Spotters are positioned between the vehicle and the curbside ensuring that all distributors are clear of the vehicle when it is moving.
- Under no circumstances are workers to move on or off the vehicle or float during the parade.
- Experience indicates that a minimum of 6 distributors, 2 stock managers and 2 spotters are required for a safe and timely distribution. This minimum is based on the distributors being able to carry at least 100 items at a time. If distributors cannot carry 100 items then additional distributors are required and possibly additional stock managers.
- Distributors should be at least sixteen(16) years of age.
PLEASE: NO DOGS IN THE PARADE, AND THE PARK FOR THE DURATION OF THE FAIR
FRIDAY June 1: 5pm - 11pm
SATURDAY June 2: 10am - 11pm
Parade: 10am - 12pm
SUNDAY June 3: 10am - 6pm
*HST included. 4yrs and under free all weekend!
BUSY BEE ISLAND & KIDS STAGE
SATURDAY June 2: 10am- 6pm
SUNDAY June 3: 10am – 6pm